Poster and Lightning Talk deadline has passed.
Including your poster and/or giving a Lightning Talk at the 2023 Wisconsin Lakes and Rivers Convention is a great way to share your research, project, success story, and/or lessons learned!
We encourage highlights of efforts and ideas that support diversity, equity, and inclusion in water resource protection and management.
Lightning Talk proposals will be reviewed and accepted on an ongoing basis until the April 1 deadline, or until we reach capacity limit for lightning talks.
Our focused Poster Session will take place the evening of Wednesday, April 19 during the Welcome Reception. We ask that all poster presenters have their posters set up no later than 6:00 p.m. on April 19.
Posters will be on display in the Commons area throughout the whole Convention where attendees congregate for breaks, networking and information. During the Wednesday evening poster session, you and other poster presenters will have a chance to share and discuss your topic one-on-one with a state-wide audience.
Poster submissions should address the Convention’s broad theme of “Building Trust Around Water Together” if possible.
Guidelines for poster presenters:
- Posters should be 3 feet high by 4 feet wide (they will be displayed on horizontal boards) and readable from a distance of at least one meter.
- Posters should be set up no later than Wednesday, April 19 at 6:00 p.m.
- Presenters are required to attend to their posters during the Poster Session from 6-7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 19.
- Posters should be picked up on Friday, April 21 between 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Handout materials for attendees may be provided. Please bring something to contain your handout materials, such as a leaflet holder, pocket folder, etc.
- You may submit your poster as a PDF if you would like it included on our Convention app.
- We require all presenters to register for the Convention if you plan to attend more than just the poster session. If you need assistance, please see our scholarship information.
Please Note: The Wisconsin Lakes Partnership Convention does not endorse specific products or services. Therefore, posters presented by individuals representing corporations or projects conducted by corporations should avoid the use of trade or brand names and refer to the products or services by a generic descriptor.
This information-packed session will be held from 3:30-4:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 20. We will move from one presenter right into the next with time for questions after everyone has presented. If you have been chosen to present a Lightning Talk, we encourage you to submit a poster as well if you’re able to attend on Wednesday evening.
Guidelines for Lightning Talk presenters:
- Submit up to five slides by April 1, 2023
- Be ready to present no later than 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, April 20
- Keep your time under 5 minutes.
- We require all presenters to register for the Convention. If you need assistance, please see our scholarship information.